(Solved): WPC 300: Quiz 7: Clustering Started: Oct 16 Kept Score:10 out of 10...
Quiz 7: Clustering
Started: Oct 16
Kept Score:10 out of 10
Question 1 1 pts
Which of the following is true of hierarchical clustering?
- All clusters must have the same number of data
- No single cluster can have all data
- The data partition does not occur in a single step
- All clusters must have more than one object in it
Question 2 1 pts
In the Target story discussed in the lecture, why did Target send the teen daughter maternity ads?
- Target analytic model confused her with an older woman with a similar name
- Target analytics model suggested she was pregnant based on her buying habit
- Target was using special promotion that targeted all teens in her geographical area
- Target was sending ads to all women in a particular neighborhood
Question 3 1 pts
Which of the following is a false statement?
- Reducing SSE (sum of squared error) within cluster increases cohesion
- In the cluster analysis, the objects within clusters should exhibit an high amount of similarity
- The k-means algorithm is a method for doing partitional clustering
- To predict sales from transactional data one should perform clustering analysis.
Question 4 1 pts
Which of the following is a step of agglomerative hierarchical clustering?
- By joining two clusters that are closest to each other
- By separating cluster into two finer groups
- By joining two clusters farthest away from each other
- By joining two clusters that not at a Euclidean distance
Question 5 1 pts
Which of the following is not an application of clustering analysis?
- Collaborating filtering analysis
- Market segmentation analysis
- Web click stream analysis
- Crime prediction analysis
Question 6 1 pts
Which of the following is true about k-means clustering
- The cluster analysis will give us an optimum value for k
- We choose the value for k before doing the clustering analysis
- A tree diagram is used to illustrate the steps in the clustering analysis
- It is a type of hierarchical clustering
Question 7 1 pts
Which of the following statements below is false about supervised/unsupervised data analysis?
- For unsupervised analysis, the goal is to find cases that are similar to each other
- The data is labeled for supervised analysis
- The data is not labeled for unsupervised
- Data is not labeled for supervised analysis
Question 8 1 pts
In a cluster analysis, the distance between the clusters should be:
Question 9 1 pts
Which of the following is a definition of distance between two clusters in a complete linkage clustering?
- The average of distance between all pairs of objects, where each pair is made up of one object from each group
- The distance between the least distant pair of objects, one from each group
- The distance between the most distant pair of objects, one from each group
- The sum of square of the distance between clusters
Question 10 1 pts
Which of the following category of data mining you would use for Spam filtering of emails?
- Both supervised and unsupervised