(Solved): WPC 300 HOA-1 Food Emporium 2020 : Analyzing Data using Pivot Tables : Total points 25 ...
Hands on Assignment-1
Analyzing Data using Pivot Tables
Total points 25
You’ve been asked to help better understand sales patterns in DS’s Fine Foods Emporium. And you will use the dimensional data set “Food Emporium.xlsx” They sell a variety of fine products, such as Gustaf's Knäckebröd, Pâté Chinois, and Maxilaku. Their motto is “Food so good even we don’t know what it is!”
Specifically, you’ve been asked to answer a series of questions, which are listed in the table below. You will perform the quantitative analysis to answer each of these questions. They can all be answered by constructing pivot tables and pivot charts in Excel. The Excel spreadsheet “Food Emporium.xlsx” has already been created for you. This is the single-table, joined data cube and is ready for analysis.
Here are some tips:
1) You won’t necessarily be able to answer more than one question using the same pivot table.
2) You won’t need to create additional measures. The data in the table is all the data you’ll need. But you may apply formulas to the results of your Pivot Table analysis (for example, see problem #4).
3) To answer some of these questions, you may need to perform several steps. In other words, you may need to create one pivot table, and then use that information to filter data in a second pivot table.
4) In the spreadsheet, “Full Price” is the base price of the line item without a discount. The “Extended Price” is the discounted price offered to the customer (i.e., what they actually pay). The “Total Discount” is the difference between the Full Price and the Extended Price.
- Submit one excel file to the link on blackboard before the due date. You should name the excel file as: YourFirstName_YourLastName_HOA-1.xlsx.
- You must write your name at the top of the Source Data sheet and use separate sheet in the excel file to analyze each question. You must write your answer (based on your analysis) on each sheet.
Note: If you do not follow these instructions, I will consider your assignment turned in late.
Your submission will be graded based on whether the answers provided for each question are correct with supporting excel file. Create one sheet per question and name each sheet as Q1, Q2 etc. for Question 1, Question 2 etc.
Questions [Maximum possible points: 25]
- What are the five best-selling products based on quantity sold? [2 pt.]
- What are the five worst selling products based on quantity sold? [2 pt.]
- What’s the average extended price by order? [2 pt.] (HINT: Look at the extended price by order and then use “value field setting” to change to AVERAGE function)
- What is the average quantity sold per order? [3 pt.] (HINT: Look at the total quantity by order and then use “value field setting” to change to AVERAGE function)
- Are our sales seasonal (look at total sales in dollars)? Explain. [3 pt.]
- Based on the data we have, does our discount policy appear to help sales? HINT: You need to compare the average discount and average $ sales across product lines.[3 pt.]
- What are the five most heavily discounted products? [2 pt.]
- Who are our five best customers based on total sales (i.e., Extended Price)? [2 pt.]
- What are the five most popular (quantity sold) products among our five best customers? (HINT: Apply a filter to include only the five best customers found in #8) [2 pt.]
- Create a pi-chart to demonstrate the average discount enjoyed by each customer segment? [ 2 pt.]
- Demonstrate (use a line graph) to show how total sales revenue (extended price) change for each State (customer State) [2 pt.]