(Solved): Introduction to the vulnerability and the systems / services / versions e ? ected by it....
Overall the report will be marked against the following criteria:
- Introduction to the vulnerability and the systems/services/versions e?ected by it. [3 marks]
- Technical overview of the vulnerability, how it works and why it exists. [5 marks]
- Example illustrations/code of how the vulnerability is exploited (this does not need to be implemented for this coursework). [4 marks]
- Discussion of possible ?xes/patches for the vulnerability. [3 marks]
- Exploration of the number of e?ected systems, or number of occurrences in the wild. [2 marks]
- Quality of report (grammar, references, structure). [3 marks]
Nowadays, there are a lot of challenges faced in web applications. One of these vulnerable is Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) which is commonly vulnerable to web applications. Attackers often look for security vulnerabilities in these apps so that they can steal sensitive information. Attackers may also break into the web apps and take full administrative rights masquerading to be the real legal users. This report focuses on cross-site scripting (XSS).
These are vulnerabilities that are similar to the SQL injection .... Buy to see full answer.