(Solved): EDP310 Assignments L2 Qiuz : Score for this attempt: 70 out of 70 : Attempt 1 ...
EDP310 Assignments L2 Qiuz
Score for this attempt: 70 out of 70
Submitted Mar 26 at 1:04am
Question 1 5 pts
Personality/trait-based approaches to leadership development:
- Contend that certain individuals have innate characteristics that make them ideally suited for leadership
- Argue that leadership style should be based on certain situations
- State that all persons are leaders in some way
Question 2 5 pts
According to the Great Man theory, leaders are predominantly male.
Question 3 5 pts
Which of the following has NOT been identified as a trait thought to be related to an effective leader?
Question 4 5 pts
Which of the following Big 5 personality factors is the strongest predictor of effective leadership?
Question 5 5 pts
Which of the following Big 5 personality factors refers to the tendency to experience unpleasant emotions, such as anxiety and anger, and is negatively related to leadership (e.g., leaders are usually low on this trait)?
Question 6 5 pts
Which of the following Big 5 personality factors is described as the tendency to be organized, controlled, decisive, and dependable, and is 2nd most related to effective leadership?
Question 7 5 pts
Overall, research has found that trait-based approaches to viewing leadership are limited, and very few traits differentiate between effective and ineffective leaders?
Question 8 5 pts
Emotional intelligence refers to one's ability to perceive and express emotions, understand and reason with emotions, and effectively manage emotions, both in oneself and in others
Question 9 5 pts
In a review of emotional intelligence (EI) by the Harvard Business Review, which of the following was NOT found to be true regarding EI?
- EI plays an increasingly important role at the highest levels of a company
- EI is linked to increased/superior individual performance
- EI was found to be twice as important in leadership compared to intelligence or technical skills
- EI is linked to high emotionally and negatively impacts social interactions
Question 10 5 pts
Which 2 components of emotional intelligence concern a person's ability to manage relationships with others?
- Self-Awareness and Empathy
- Empathy and Social Skills
- Motivation and Social Skills
- Self-Regulation and Self-Awareness
Question 11 5 pts
The study conducted by Judge, Bono, Ilies, and Gerhardt (2002) used which type of research design to review trait-perspective research (hint: look in Method section)?
- True experimental design
- Quasi-experimental design
- Single subject case study
Question 12 5 pts
The five factors assessed in the Judge, Bono, Ilies, and Gerhardt study were different than the big 5 personality factors?
Question 13 5 pts
What were the findings of the Judge, Bono, Ilies, and Gerhardt (2002) study?
- There were no differences found between the five dispositional traits, and none of the traits appeared to have a relationship with the leadership criteria.
- The treatment group displayed significantly more leadership characteristics than the control group.
- A relatively strong correlation was found between the big 5 traits and leadership, indicating that the big 5 typology employs a fruitful basis for examining dispositional factors of leadership.
- There is no such thing as leadership.
Question 14 5 pts
Of the Big Five traits analyzed in the Judge, Bono, Ilies, and Gerhardt study, which trait was found to be the most controversial and least understood?