(Solved): CIS 105 25063 Quiz Using the Internet and networks...
Score for this attempt: 100 out of 100
Submitted Feb 16 at 9:53 am
This attempt took 54 minutes.
The three basic type of search tools are search engines, subject directories, and meta search tools.
Spiders are considered to be software programs to create web documents.
A Boolean search is:
- Controls spiders from being used in a search.
- A common general search with no parameters.
- Searches the web through adding + and - symbols to get closer results to search criteria.
- Using a search engine using and - symbols.
Your best friend's boyfriend introduced her to the deep, dark, web. She approaches you to try it out because it is so "cool" She said she did not get a virus or anything on her computer and did not meet any criminals. Go ahead give it a try. You respond with:
- I already use it and it is no big deal
- You are the third person who told me this. I think I will just try it and see what comes up.
- The Deep (dark) web is not to be used. It is a dangerous place whether even though you think everything is okay. Even one time going to the dark web can lead to unknowingly becoming part of the dark web, maximizing personal security breaches, and can destroy a person's image.
- Okay. What security software did you use so I can make sure I do not get a virus?
Adware and spyware are common malware invasions
Black-hat hackers primary motivation to "hack" computers is usually:
- Financial and annoy others
- Adware and personal
- Spyware and financial
- Personal and financial
White hat hackers:
- Use their powers to be paid employees or contractors working for companies as security specialists that do not have permission to find security holes via hacking.
- Want to save the world from evil and do it for companies regardless if employees or contract
- Use their powers to be paid employees or contractors working for companies as security specialists with permissions to find security holes via hacking.
- Are all converted black-hat hackers who have special permission to to work on security issues.
A virus is classified as a self-replicating piece of malicious code that travels by inserting itself into files or programs.
Social media are web-based communication methods people use to interact with each other.
Social networking and social media are the same thing.
Worldwide, ___________ is the top social networking site.
Based on research, the strongest addiction is _________
- Social media
_________________ is often used for professional networking.
What is considered to be the Ephemeral App?
A Snapchat story stays online for:
- 60 seconds
- 90 seconds
- 30 seconds
- 24 hours
One drive is an example of ____________ technology.
_______________________ is the largest Wide Area network (WAN)
AWS stands for Amazon Wide Services
Client-server networks are more common in homes and peer-to-peer networks more common in business.
The cloud in the computer world sends, receives, and stores data throughout many networks.
Buy This Answer $15
-- OR --
Subscribe $20 / Month