(Solved): BUS 384 : Concept Check 6.1 and 6.2...
BUS 384 : Concept Check 6.1 and 6.2
Submitted 28 May
The _____ of a supply chain is the configuration of resources such as suppliers, factories, warehouses, distributors, technical support centers, engineering design and sales offices, and communication links.
- a. network structure
- b. virtual structure
- c. informal structure
- d. operational structure
Which of the following supply chain design decisions involves protecting and honoring patents from other countries?
- a. Sourcing
- b. Logistics
- c. Technology
- d. Outsourcing
_____ is a key supply chain design decision that involves selecting suppliers from whom to purchase.
- a. Logistics
- b. Sustainability
- c. Sourcing
- d. Technology
Which of the following statements is true of an efficient supply chain?
- a. It is supported by information technology that provides real-time, accurate information to managers across the supply chain.
- b. It has the ability to respond to market changes faster than a responsive supply chain.
- c. It works efficiently even when demand for goods and services is unpredictable.
- d. It is designed for efficiency and low cost by minimizing inventory and maximizing efficiencies in process flow
_____ focuses on flexibility and responsive service and is able to react quickly to changing market demand and requirements.
- a. The center-of-gravity method
- b. The push-pull boundary
- c. An efficient supply chain
- d. A responsive supply chain
In responsive supply chains, a focus on flexibility and response is best when:
- a. goods and services have highly predictable demand.
- b. efficiency and low cost are the main competitive priority.
- c. product lines have long life cycles and do not change frequently.
- d. customers require customization
A _____ produces goods in advance of customer demand using a forecast of sales and moves them through the supply chain to points of sale, where they are stored as finished-goods inventory.
- a. pull system
- b. make-to-order supply chain
- c. value chain
- d. push system
Which of the following statements is true of a pull system?
- a. It has an advantage of immediate availability of goods to customers.
- b. It works best when there are few distribution centers and products.
- c. It minimizes inventory and production costs.
- d. It views a supply chain from "left to right."
In the context of supply chain design trade-offs, _____ refers to acquiring capabilities toward suppliers.
- a. backward integration
- b. contract manufacturing
- c. forward integration
- d. outsourcing
Which of the following is true of firms that outsource?
- a. They acquire capabilities toward suppliers.
- b. They do not have ownership of the outsourced process or function.
- c. They cannot outsource skilled knowledge work and simple service work.
- d. They integrate both backward and forward.
_____ are businesses that provide integrated services that might include packaging, warehousing, inventory management, and inbound or outbound transportation.
- a. Distribution centers
- b. Push-pull enterprises
- c. Contract manufacturers
- d. Third-party logistics providers
_____ is the building, acquiring, or moving of process capabilities from a domestic location to another country location while maintaining ownership and control.
- a. Outsourcing
- b. Offshoring
- c. Insourcing
- d. Reshoring
_____ is the process of moving operations back to a company's domestic location.
- a. Insourcing
- b. Outsourcing
- c. Offshoring
- d. Reshoring