(Solved): ABS 360 Quiz 9: Pests and Pest Management | Jul 25 at 2:08am | Score for this quiz: 24 out of 24...
Quiz 9: Pests and Pest Management
Started: Jul 25 at 2:08am
Score for this quiz: 24 out of 24
Question 1 2 pts
Which of the following insects has chewing mouthparts that damage plants?
- Lady bird beetle
Question 2 2 pts
Which of the following pests has piercing and sucking mouthparts that are used to feed on plants?
- Lady bird beetle
- House fly
Question 3 2 pts
Common summer weeds in the Phoenix area include nutgrass, cheeseweed, and spurge.
Question 4 2 pts
Symptoms of plant disease can include:
- malodorous odors
- rotting of roots and fruits
- wilting of leaves
- yellowing of leaves
- spots on leaves
- all of the above
Question 5 2 pts
Which of the following is NOT a disease causing organism that can damage plants?
- Spider mites
- All of the above
Question 6 2 pts
Perennial weeds are often more difficult to control than annual weeds because in addition to producing seed most perennial weeds produce underground survival structures such as rhizomes, bulbs or tubers.
Question 7 2 pts
Anyone who applies pesticides is most vulnerable to poisoning when
- they are buying the product
- they are handling the concentrated product during mixing
- they are applying the product
- they are cleaning up after application
Question 8 2 pts
When applying pesticides...
- in extremely hot weather, it is OK for the applicator to wear a tank top, shorts and sandals
- using a higher than recommended rate on the label will give more effective results
- the applicator should wear a long sleeved shirt, long pants and eye protection
- spray "downwind" when the wind picks up
Question 9 2 pts
The signal word that is used to label the least toxic type of pesticides is:
- No answer text provided.
Question 10 4 pts
Match the examples of pest management techniques with the five general methods listed.
B By planting resistant tomatoes to prevent verticillium wilt __________________
Using lady beetles to manage aphids
Hoeing Weeds _________________________
Applying an herbicide to decomposed granite to manage weeds________________________
Question 11 2 pts
When using Integrated Pest Management (IPM), pesticides should be sprayed on plants only liberally and frequently as soon as insects are detected in the home garden to completely eradicate and prevent further damage.