(Solved): COM263: Elements of Intercultural Communication: Lesson 3 Short Answer...
Elements of Intercultural Communication
Lesson 3 Short Answer
Your assignment is worth 25 points.
Please make sure you have answered all questions prior to submitting. Once you click the submit button, you will not be able to return.
Answer each of the questions below in short-answer format. Write your responses in complete sentences. Your answers to each question should be one to two paragraphs.
Be sure to carefully read each question to ensure that all components are answered with the appropriate depth and detail. Your answers should be free of spelling and grammar errors. When using reference material, you must properly cite your sources using in-text citations. You must also include a reference list. All documentation must be rendered in APA citation style (see announcements for details on APA).
The Rio Salado Online Library is the best source for authoritative, validated information on your research topics.
Review the Short Answer Grading Rubric as you prepare to complete this assignment.
1 of 1
- Make a list of at least three (3) of your strongly held beliefs. What are those beliefs based on? List some facts, respected authorities, or other evidence that support them.
- Define and describe three (3) differences in intercultural communication between high- and low-context cultures. Provide at least one real-world, original example from your own life experience of each type of culture for illustration.
- Consider your own culture. What is your culture's orientation to each of the five (5) Kluckhohn and Strodtbeck's value orientations? Write a paragraph in which you describe how you personally view each of these.
- Briefly discuss why it is important to be familiar with the differences in value orientations. In other words, how can this knowledge help you to become a more effective communicator in a cross-cultural context? Provide a few examples from your own life experience for illustration.
- Explain the difference between Hall's concept of monochronic and polychronic time. Identity three (3) ways in which you have seen each of these reflected in your culture. How might differences in time orientation impact communication in an intercultural context?