(Solved): COM230 Small Group Communication Lesson 1 Pretest...
Small Group Communication
Lesson 1 Pretest
Your assignment is worth 10 points.
1 of 10
A small group is a collection of three or more individuals who interact about some common problem or interdependent goal and can exert mutual influence over one another.
2 of 10
All teams are small groups, but not all groups operate as a team.
3 of 10
Ideally, small groups should not comprise more than 12 people and still consider themselves to be a small group.
4 of 10
The two basic functions of theory are to explain and predict.
5 of 10
Variables that affect small group communication are dynamic and interrelated.
6 of 10
If you understand how to go about that process of preparing for group discussion, your group interactions will be not only more informed, but also more:
- Time consuming
7 of 10
Norms are important to small group communication because they determine
- What is cool for the group to wear
- How the weather will be
- What is appropriate and inappropriate behavior
- Whether the group will survive or not
8 of 10
To check your interpretation of someone else's nonverbal communication, you should
- Copy their actions
- Play the central negative
- Ignore them
- Ask if your perception is correct
9 of 10
Ineffective group members do all of the following to avoid conflict EXCEPT:
- Give in to avoid conflict.
- Seek out differences of opinion.
- Find easy ways to reduce conflict, such as taking a quick vote without discussion.
- Permit one person to monopolize the conversation.
10 of 10
The _______ effective leadership behavior is behavior that meets the needs of the groups.